Emergency Rent Assistance Program Is Now Open!
York County’s Emergency Rent Assistance Program (ERAP) is now accepting applications for rent relief and utility assistance for residents. Community Progress Council (CPC) has been selected by York County to disperse $13 million in federal relief money to those impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Applicants should use the button below to apply for assistance through CPC’s website.
Before you begin the application process, we highly encourage you to read through the list of qualifications as well as the documents needed to apply for assistance.
Each applicant must create an account, complete all required survey fields and upload the necessary documents, as directed. You will use this portal to check the status of your application after you apply. You may start an application, and finish at another time by using your log-in information.
What does this program cover?
Rent: Residents may qualify for up to 12 months of rent assistance – to cover past, current and/or future monthly rent payments.
Utilities: Assistance payments will be made for arrearages only, but can include electric, natural gas, water, sewer and trash. Click here for sample past-due utility bill.
To qualify, you must:
– Be a resident of York County
– You must rent your home or apartment
– Demonstrate a financial impact related to the COVID-19 pandemic
+Must qualify for unemployment benefits OR experienced a reduction in income OR incurred significant living expenses related to COVID-19 OR experienced other financial hardship due directly or indirectly to COVID-19 that threatens the ability to pay the costs of the rental property or its tenant-paid utilities when due.
+Must demonstrate a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability, which may include utility shut-off notices or past-due rent notices.
+Have a household income of less than 80 percent of average media income (chart below)
Household income limits for this program:
1 Person – $46,050
2 Person – $52,600
3 Person – $59,200
4 Person – $65,750
5 Person – $71,050
6 Person – $76,300
7 Person – $81,550
Is there a deadline to apply?
At this time, there is no deadline to apply for this program; however, we encourage all residents of York County to apply when they are ready to ensure that funds are available and to avoid evictions and utility shut-offs at all costs.
What will you need to apply?
You must have the following items to complete the application:
– An email address to apply and to receive updates regarding your application.
– Contact information for your landlord: name, phone number and email address
– Income information to report your household income
– Most recent utility bills if seeking utility assistance
– Copy of identification (government issued Photo ID or Driver’s license, passport)
– Proof of Residence if different from ID
Your landlord will need to provide the following items:
– ACH information for Direct Deposit
– Documentation of rent owed
*Landlords will need to sign the application (using their computer mouse) when prompted.
How to get help with the application
Community Progress Council realizes that renters in York County may need help filling out the Emergency Rental Assistance Program application, or lack access to the necessary technology.
Partnering organizations across York County are open and ready to assist residents with filling out applications, or to provide applicants with a computer or tablet to assist in the process.
Community Progress Council has compiled two videos to help both applicants and landlords better understand the ERAP application process.
Click on the buttons below to watch the tutorial videos.
– In setting up your account, select an email address that you check frequently so that you may receive status updates in a timely fashion.
– Write down your log-in information and keep it in a safe place.
– Be sure to gather all of your documentation (listed above) before starting the application.
– When uploading documents, review each to ensure it is clear and able to be viewed.
– Communicate with your landlord and utility companies that you are applying for this assistance.
What happens after you apply?
Your completed application will be reviewed by Community Progress Council’s team to ensure eligibility as well as a payment amount for assistance, if you qualify.
Your application may take several weeks to process. You may check the status of your application at any time by logging into your portal. You will receive an email notification when your application is finished being processed, and whether your application has been approved for payment or rejected.
The status of your application cannot be obtained by calling Community Progress Council or other partner agencies that may have assisted you with filling out your application.