Emergency Rental Assistance
Emergency Rental Assistance Program Is Now Open!
York County’s Emergency Rent Assistance Program (ERAP) is open for new applications.
Applications are prioritized under Federal regulations and cover any past due rent and late fees, court costs, and up to three months of future rent not to exceed 18 months of total assistance. A financial hardship must be identified as the basis for need.
**Please note that the submission of an application does not guarantee approval for ERAP assistance. All applications are carefully reviewed and must meet eligibility requirements. Applications are also subject to the availability of funding at the time of processing. **
Each applicant must create an account, complete all required survey fields and upload the necessary documents, as directed. Use this portal to check the status of your application after you apply. You may start an application, and finish at another time by using your log-in information.
If you have applied and need to contact CPC, email firstname.lastname@example.org for technical questions.
Read Before You Apply
What Does the Program Cover?
RENT: Applicants may qualify for the full rent past due, including fees, and court costs; and up to three months of future rent without exceeding 18 months of assistance.
To qualify, you must:
- Be a resident of York County
- You must rent your home or apartment
- Demonstrate a financial impact directly or indirectly related to the COVID-19 pandemic
*Must qualify for unemployment benefits OR experienced a reduction in income OR incurred significant living expenses related to COVID-19 OR experienced other financial hardship due directly or indirectly to COVID-19 that threatens the ability to pay the costs of the rental property or its tenant-paid utilities when due.
Household income limits for this program:
1 Person – $51,250
2 Person – $58,600
3 Person – $65,900
4 Person – $73,200
5 Person – $79,100
6 Person – $84,950
7 Person – $90,800
8 Person – $96,650
What You Need to Apply?
You must have the following items to complete the application:
- An email address to apply and to receive updates regarding your application.
- Contact information for your landlord: name, phone number and email address. (If you do not provide your landlord’s correct information, they will not receive the documentation they are required to complete.)
- Income information to report your household income
- Copy of identification (government issued Photo ID or Driver’s license, passport, birth certification, COMPASS information form)
- Proof of Residence if different from ID
- Court eviction documentation, if eviction is in progress
Your LANDLORD will need to provide the following items:
- ACH information for Direct Deposit
- Documentation of rent owed
*Landlords will need to sign the application (using their computer mouse) when prompted
Get Help with the Application
How to get help with the application
Community Progress Council realizes that renters in York County may need help filling out the Emergency Rental Assistance Program application or lack access to the necessary technology.
We will not be assisting walk-ins; you must have an appointment to receive application assistance.
Tuesdays: 10 am – 4 pm
Wednesdays: 10 am – 4 pm
2nd and 4th Thursdays of the month: 10 am – 4 pm
1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month: 10 am – 1 pm and 4 pm – 6:30 pm
- In setting up your account, select an email address that you check frequently so that you may receive status updates in a timely fashion.
- Write down your log-in information and application number and keep it in a safe place.
- Be sure to gather all of your documentation (listed above) before starting the application.
- When uploading documents, review each to ensure it is clear and able to be viewed.
- Tell your landlord that you are applying for this assistance and that they will be getting a request to complete part of the application.
What Happens After You Apply?
- You will receive an email from the system confirming your application was successfully submitted. If you do not receive this email, then you have not submitted your application.
- Your completed application will be reviewed by Community Progress Council’s team to ensure eligibility.
- There are seven stages in the application process, and you will be notified by email once you advance to the next stage.
- While we cannot guarantee a timeline for review, we will make every effort to review as quickly as possible. We cannot complete reviews if complete and correct information is not entered on the application from either the landlord or tenant.
- You may check the status of your application at any time by logging your account on the portal.
- You will receive an email notification when your application is finished being processed, and whether your application has been approved for payment or rejected.
- The status of your application cannot be obtained by calling Community Progress Council.