HOMEOWNER ASSISTANCE FUND
PENNSYLVANIA HOMEOWNER ASSISTANCE FUND
The Pennsylvania Homeowner Assistance Fund (PAHAF) is now OPEN for qualified homeowners.
The Pennsylvania Homeowner Assistance Fund is a housing-related program to assist Pennsylvania homeowners facing financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The program is funded by the U.S. Department of the Treasury and administered by the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency.
Qualified homeowners can complete their application online.
If you need assistance completing your application, please scroll down for details about making an appointment with Community Progress Council’s Housing Counseling team.
What Does the Program Cover?
This can include:
- Past-due mortgage payments and housing-related costs such as taxes and insurance for up to 24 months
- Forward mortgage payment assistance up to 6 months
- Property charges including property taxes, reverse mortgage insurance premiums, HOA or condominium fees
- Past-due payments for utility services
To qualify, you must:
- Own the property and live there as your primary residence
- Experience a financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic after January 21, 2020 (Could include a hardship that began before this date and continued after)
- Have a household income equal or less than 150% of area median income
- Have a conforming loan that meets the federal limits for the year in which the loan was taken
Household income limits for this program for York-Hanover PA:
- 1 Person — $96,100
- 2 Person — $109,800
- 3 Person — $123,550
- 4 Person — $137,250
- 5 Person — $148,250
- 6 Person — $159,250
- 7 Person — $170,200
- 8 Person — $181,200
What You Need to Apply?
Visit the PAHAF website for a list of required documents.
Get Help with the Application
York County homeowners who may need in-person assistance to complete their applications can call the housing counseling team at Community Progress Council to set up an appointment.
Call Community Progress Council at (717) 846-4600 and select 0 to be connected with a Resource Navigator.
Community Progress Council does not process your PAHAF application, but we can provide help to navigate the application process and help you complete your application. If you have questions about your application after you submit it, please contact the Pennsylvania Homeowner Assistance Fund at 888-987-2423.