Community Progress Council’s Head Start program offers classroom and home-based services across York County. Each classroom or home-based visitor provides high-quality pre-school services to children and their families using a research-based program to support intellectual, physical, social and emotional growth.
Head Start is free to enroll for eligible families. For questions, please call 717-846-4600 and select 0 to speak with a Resource Navigator.
Head Start of York County is funded in part by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Head Start of York County provides a variety of options and settings including part-day and full-day classrooms and home-based visitation.
HEALTH AND NUTRITION
Head Start provides nutritional support and health screenings to ensure that children are growing physically, as well as intellectually and socially.
Working together, parents and their Family Coach develop goals for their own journey toward self-sufficiency.
Apply to Head start
You will need the following information to complete and submit your application:
- Child’s birth certificate
- Child’s medical insurance card
- Proof of address (ex: ID of parent, recent bill, lease)
- Proof of income from the past 12 months (ex: W2s, paystubs, SSI, SSD, TANF, Child Support)
- Child’s most recent physical and vaccination record
- Child’s most recent dental record
- Any legal documentation for the child (ex: custody order)
Head Start classrooms are located in York City, Hanover, Red Lion, Wellsville, East Prospect, York New Haven, Delta and Windsor. Home-based services are offered throughout the county.